Translate

Translate

Monday 25 November 2013

Days 21-25, Kiting Days 16-17

Yeap, don't need to be math genius to see that the discrepancy between overall days and kiting days is growing. Wind was very poor the whole weekend :(. Kiting is like a drug, the more you have it, the more you need it. I was so frustrated on Sunday when I could not kite, after not-enough-wind day on Saturday and no a 'day-off' on Friday. The truth is that if I had a kite 12 meters I could make it all the days, but I don't. The truth is also that a day or two of rest and away from salty water were what I needed, especially for healing the wounds on my feet. My mind gets it, but the heart longs for more and more kiting.

Good news, today another best kiting day :)! The wind was blowing again from the very morning and I spent sailing from 8 o'clock until 15:30, sure with a number of short breaks and a longer one for lunch, but still it was my longest kiting day ever :) and most importantly - no more bruises.

Two photos from today...




On Saturday, we went to Taiba, a small (and rather ugly village) around an hour drive North from Cumbuco. Taiba, is well known by pro-riders for its flat water lagoon. Indeed lagoon was flat, though so small that the pros were waiting in a line to go forward and do their tricks :). For me it was a rather frustrating day as the wind was not enough for my 9 meters kite. There is always a silver lining, however, I learnt to kite in light wind, by moving the kite up and down and making sure that the board is positioned really downwind and Taiba lagoon was perfect for this exercise as each time I was drifted downwind I could easily walk upwind until I finally got it. At the end of the day, for a dessert, I flew a bigger kite - 12 meters that I borrowed from Hernan. It was slow but nice - a bit like driving a lorry. At the end of today, while the wind dropped these skills came in very handy :).

And, like in the good all days in Jerico, the whole trip was an adventure in itself. We were 3 people at the front seat, four people at the back seat and another free in the boot, plus all the kites for all these people in the 30 years old Toyota Bandeirante that is barely visible on the photo below.


No comments:

Post a Comment