Translate

Translate

Thursday 14 November 2013

Day 14, Kiting Day 9

So, I got my first rescue today. It was quite a peculiar type of rescue - another kiter gave me a lift, I came to the shore holding on to his harness. Guys riding in Cumbuco are really helpful, the other bloke brought me the board. All started well, in the morning there was low tide, and finally I understood why Cumbuco is considered the kite capital of Brazil. No breaking wave while entering the water :) and you can kite in front of your B&B, called pousada here and come back for a sip of a cold drink whenever you want :). On the sea it gets more shaky, but I managed to ride and even not to get dragged too much downwind :). In the afternoon, I continued in high tide, already the entry was a success for me; it went easier than yesterday, also because Tomais explained me how to enter and exit through the breaking wave. Sure, I the board slipped off my feet several times and I drank some salty water while body dragging to recover it, but I kept on riding! And then, the kite fell, hit the water, twisted, the lines got tangled and I got stuck, quite far away from the shore. The good news were that I had life jacket and that after some time (hour or two) the wind would finally drag me on to the shore. I luckily avoided the suffering of being dragged for hours as another kiter gave me the lift. Not surprisingly I am quite tired though tonight. The resolution for 2morrow - take an additional lesson of self-rescue.



Another good news is no bruises today :), just blisters on my palms :( from hanging on to the harness of my rescuer. I took some pictures of my Pousada (or rather the view from it) ...




... and myself with the holiday moustache look :).


No comments:

Post a Comment