Translate

Translate

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Day 13, Kiting Day 8

Yeah! I had a great kiting morning! I kept on waterstarting easily, managed to make many turns and even did some fakes, i.e riding in a kind of switch stance position, i.e. one day I'll get the photo taken so you'll see :). To avoid getting too complacent, I need to add that I did all these on a lagoon, the Cauipe - the sweet water. flat like a table lagoon, that Cumbuco is famous for. So three hours of fun under the supervision of Tomais, the instructor nativo to here. I do recommend him, you can find him in Kite Academy, he charges 100 reais per hour (the equipment included, plus 50 reais for the ride to Cauipe).

So just see yourself...



And here is my first Youtube upload (made on the Iphone), so please excuse the crap quality (and excuse even more not so sexy position on the kite)...

http://youtu.be/xsOJzxfREHQ

Then, for lunch I discovered (or rather Tomais made me discover) the best value for money PF place in town. PF stands for Prato Feito, i.e. the place where you've get 4 things on the menu to choose from, I got Frango Molhado (chicken in a sauce), rice, salad, feijao and ... spaghetti pasta. All these plus two juices (the kite squeezes all the juices from you), all these for nine reais, that's the deal I like :).


Then a short siesta, when I woke up I looked through the window and while seeing all these kites in the air, the well known song started ringing in my head – should I stay or should I go? Of course, I went, first just for a reconnaissance, while on the way to the spot, the water looked innocently flat, but as I came closer, unfortunately the sea turned out to be as rough as before. So, I set out to find someone I know and after few minutes I met Holger, and after few more minutes I plucked up the courage to go and pick up my matos. I must have been picking it up quite a long time as the wind got weaker by the time I was set up and ... optimist would say that it was better than yesterday, a realist would say far from expectations, a pessimist would say (or rather ask a question) am I already winning the competition for the most bruised person on the spot? So, to cut a long story short, after five minutes of waving the kite up and down to power it (while avoiding stalling it), I managed to ride offshore, then on the way on shore, it got crowded the kite fall in the water got reversed and I got dragged to the beach, proud that I held on to the board. While close to the shore a breaking wave took me by surprise, the board slipped and hit my back thigh (so another bruise). Still motivated for tomorrow, the low tide is at 8 in the morning, so for the time being the plan is to be on the spot at seven. Anyone willing to bet money that I'll make it?


Things other than kiting - this morning I joined the Movember movement, i.e. I've got nice mustache And most importantly Ievunia sent more pictures from her Brazilian adventure, seeing her smiley face makes me smile too :). Today falls exactly a month till we will be together again!

Just have a look, my two favourite places in Brazil (of course apart from the region where I am now), Igazu and Pantanal.





No comments:

Post a Comment