Translate

Translate

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Days 18-19, Kiting Days 13-14

I've just got another great kiting day :), I hope to be repeating that until the end of my stay in Brazil. As usual, I woke up around seven, which is not a great achievement given that the sun is up already at five. A quick cafe de amanha (breakfast), and around 8 o'clock, I am ready to start and, most importantly, I've got the whole Cumbuco shore for myself at least for an hour. Then it starts getting crowded on the water – not such a big problem any longer as now I am able to zig-zag my way in between the other kites. I am already going upwind and manage to hold the bar comfortably with one hand only :). The wind was again perfect for the nine meters kite. My F-One Bandit is doing fine, it seems that we start getting on with each other, no more twists and tangled lines in the water :). I also learned some other useful skills today, don't laugh - how to fold the kite an the bar neatly.



Otherwise, new people arrived in the Pousada and it's now more lively. Everything would be just great if it hasn't been for very bad news from Brussels. I don't even wanna talk about that, no one got hurt (at least physically, as my feelings got hurt a lot), but some people have been very dishonest with me. Let's hope it can be still sorted out somehow, though with this distance and truly kafkaesque bureaucracy that I have to deal with now, won't be easy.

Take care,


No comments:

Post a Comment