Translate

Translate

Saturday 7 December 2013

Days 29-37 Kiting Days 21-25

Wow, it seems that there was more than a week pause in the blog - the time is flying here. Lagoinha made me lazy. it was really hard to get out of there, mainly because of the lack of connections. I wanted to go North and all the buses (two daily - one at 5:15AM and the other at 6:30AM) go only South, to Fortaleza. So I waited for some kiters that will be willing to go North, but it did not happen. Finally, on Wednesday (we are now Saturday) I made up my mind that I am moving my ass - the forecast of the bad winds greatly helped this decision. Where did I go? Easy guess :) - there is only one place where the wind does not disappoint - JERICOACOARA.

Yeah, I am back to Jeri and very happy about that. First, the wind is more than 25 knots, so finally I am making full use of my 7 meters North Evo - I must say I prefer it to Fone Bandit - somehow we understand each other better - it's more stable. Second, every day I am going a short (something like 5 km) downwind to the Guriu spot, which gives me ample opportunity to practice fakes and curving turns. And finally and foremost, Guriu is just great - flat water, lots of space, and the beauty of nature.




And of course the charm of Jeri itself, something is always happening here (I missed that part in Lagoinha), while I am writing this in a cafe next doors there is a Samba show. In the main square the Jazz festival is on ...


... and in the evenings I can enjoy again the caipirinhas in our favourite bar :) ...


No comments:

Post a Comment